Posts Tagged: United Kingdom

Hornsea 1 offshore wind farm : Last turbine of North Sea wind project installed

Danish energy company Ørsted said that the last turbine has been installed at the 1.2GW Hornsea 1 offshore wind farm in the UK North Sea. The Hornsea 1 offshore wind project features a total of 174 wind turbines delivered by Siemens Gamesa, each having a capacity of 7MW. The offshore UK wind farm can power […]

innogy’s 1.4GW Sofia offshore wind farm prevails in UK’s CfD auction 2019

German energy company innogy said that its 1.4GW Sofia offshore wind farm won the UK’s Contracts for Difference (CfD) third-round auction (CfD auction 2019) and contract from the UK Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The CfD strategy supports new renewable energy projects in the UK by providing them with a fixed strike […]

UK to open fusion energy research facility in Rotherham, Yorkshire

The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) will open a new fusion energy research facility in Rotherham, Yorkshire, to commercialize nuclear fusion as one of the important sources of low-carbon electricity in the future. The £22 million fusion energy research hub will be located at the UK’s advanced manufacturing region and will engage industrial partners […]

Smarkets partners Full House Resorts to enter US online sports betting

Smarkets, a UK sports betting operator, has entered into a multi-million-dollar, long-term partnership with casino developer and operator Full House Resorts to offer online sports wagering in Indiana and Colorado in US. With offices in Los Angeles and Malta, Smarkets will initially operate its recently launched SBK sportsbook. Jason Trost – CEO and founder of Smarkets said: “As an […]

Campbell Soup to sell European chips business to Valeo Foods

Campbell Soup has signed a deal to sell its European chips business to Valeo Foods, a portfolio company of CapVest Partners, for nearly £66 million. The European chips business of Campbell Soup includes the UK-based Kettle Foods and the Netherlands-based Yellow Chips. Kettle Foods, which is based in Norwich, England, produces hand-cooked crisps, rice snacks, […]

Orkney Distillery to explore feasibility of hydrogen fuel to decarbonize distilling process

The HySpirits project : Orkney Distilling, Edinburgh Napier University, and the European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) have partnered to explore the feasibility of hydrogen fuel to decarbonize the distilling process at environmentally friendly gin distillery under The HySpirits project. The project will study the potential conversion of a craft gin distillery in Orkney in Scotland […]

UK Army set to receive first fully-digital armoured fighting vehicle AJAX

The UK Army will soon receive its first fully-digital armoured fighting vehicle AJAX, with deliveries beginning this year, as per the latest defense industry news. Employing more than 700 workers, General Dynamics UK facilities in Merthyr Tydfil and Oakdale are assembling, integrating and testing AJAX armoured fighting vehicle under the contract. The AJAX armoured vehicle […]

UK has 1,300 insurance scams uncovered every day, finds ABI report

UK Insurance industry news : The UK witnesses 1,300 insurance scams uncovered every day with the average con being £12,000, as per the annual detected fraud figures published by The Association of British Insurers (ABI) for the year 2018. The association found that the total number of fraudulent claims and applications that were detected last […]

East Anglia One offshore wind project : GIG buys stake from Iberdrola for £1.6bn

Macquarie’s Green Investment Group (GIG) has signed a £1.63 billion deal to acquire 40% stake in the 714MW East Anglia One offshore wind project in the UK from Spanish energy company Iberdrola, as per the latest energy acquisition news. Iberdrola will hold on to the remaining 60% stake in the East Anglia One offshore wind […]

Scroll To Top