Hyderabad building collapse incident news update on Dec 10, 2016 at 19:00 IST: The search operations in the Nanakramguda building collapse incident have been called off on Saturday with 11 dead bodies recovered from the debris.
Search operations lasted around 36 hours which were successful in rescuing a woman and her son alive from the debris of the seven-storied building.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that the builder of the ill-fated Nanakramguda building Satyanarayan Singh alias Sattu Singh has been arrested from Kerala. Sattu Singh was absconding since the news of the Hyderabad building collapse incident news broke.
He was reported to be in the Sabarimala Temple vicinity during the arrest.
Hyderabad Building Collapse – Nanakramguda building collapse news. Generic photo, courtesy of phasinphoto and Freedigitalphotos.net.
Hyderabad building collapse incident news update on Dec 10, 2016 : Five people have been confirmed to have died in the Nanakramguda building collapse incident. Two people have been rescued while six more are likely to have been still trapped under the debris.
Owner of the building Sattu Singh is absconding but his son Anil Singh has been taken into police custody.
Telangana Municipal Administration & Urban Development, Industries, Mining, Information Technology & NRI Affairs KT Rama Rao announced Rs 10 lakhs for the kin of the dead and Rs 1 lakh and treatment costs for the injured.
KTR said that he has suspended town planning ACP and GHMC deputy commissioner for their lapses in allowing the building to be constructed against various safety norms.
Hyderabad building collapse incident news : A 7-storied under-construction building collapsed in Hyderabad on Thursday night leaving the fate of 20 residents in doubt.
Nanakramguda Building Collapse
The Hyderabad building collapse incident happened at Nanakaramguda which is fast emerging as another IT hub in the outskirts of the city.
It has been reported that the Hyderabad building collapsed at around 9:20 PM like a pack of cards coming down while making a loud noise to shake up the nearby people.
So far it is not clear about how many people may have died, injured or even trapped in the Nanakramguda building collapse although the preliminary number of those who may have been trapped under the debris has been given as 10.
Hyderabad Building Collapse Incident Details
As per a news report on the Hyderabad building collapse incident in Eenadu, about six families of construction workers were staying in the building. A total of 20 people are said to be living there including ladies and children.
Irony was that the collapsed Hyderabad building owner, Sattu Singh, a resident of Toli Chowki was all set to give the single and double bedroom flats for rent starting from next month.
The project was being constructed on a 250 square yards plot.
It is learnt that the builder of the Nanakaramguda building that collapsed had violated all sorts of safety rules. He reportedly did not have permission to build those many floors, ground floor plus six floors.
Fortunately, the Hyderabad building collapsed much earlier before it was packed with a lot more residents.
Nanakramguda Building Collapse Rescue Work
Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) officials rushed to the spot to clear the debris. So far, the latest reports suggest that no bodies have been removed because of the pile of debris falling on one another at a large scale.
The Hyderabad police and the fire department personnel are also carrying out rescue work at the Nanakaramguda building that collapsed yesterday night.
CM KCR on the Hyderabad Building Collapse Incident
Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao expressed deep shock on hearing the Hyderabad building collapse news. KCR, who was at Delhi at the time of the Nanakramguda building collapse incident, directed the concerned ministers and officials to accelerate the rescue work at the collapsed Nanakaramguda building site.