A four month old infant died and five others were injured after fire broke out at Shine Children’s hospital at LB Nagar on early morning hours on Monday in Hyderabad.
The fire broke out on the fourth floor of the Shine Children’s Hospital in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Six infants sustained burn injuries, who were there in the incubators. One of them died and others were shifted to the nearby hospital for treatment.
Fire department personnel rushed to the hospital to put off the flames and they broke open the glasses to rescue children from NICU.
Fourty other children were undergoing treatment on the other floors of the hospital and they were shifted to other hospitals in the city. The reason for fire accident is suspected to be due to short circuit.
Telangana government ordered probe into the incident. Etela Rajender, Health Minister directed the officials to probe the incident and to submit report within 24 hours.
The children’s patients alleged that the fire was caused due to negligence of the hospital administration and demanded serious action against the hospital management.
Sudheer Reddy, local legislator visited the hospital and sought a probe into the fire accident. BJP leader Ramchandra Rao and others also visited the spot. He said that the government failed to act against hospitals for not following fire safety norms.